We bring you what you didn’t know you needed: a wine and grilled cheese. Because good doesn’t have to be fancy. Sometimes the simplest things are, indeed, the best.
So here it is, the tastiest wine and grilled cheese recipe you ever did try.
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 1-2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Sprinkle of rosemary
- Sprinkle of thyme
- 1 tbsp flour
- 3/4 cup red wine Cabernet Sauvignon
- 1/2 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- Melt butter in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion, & cook until fragrant (about 5 minutes), stirring regularly.
- Once the onion is soft, add the garlic, rosemary and thyme. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Next, mix in the flour. Once it’s mixed in well, pour in the wine.
- Reduce until it’s thick enough to coat a spoon. Taste to make sure the alcohol has completely evaporated.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread. On the other side, spread the wine sauce. Add the Gruyere.
- Toast the buttered sides for a few minutes until golden. Put halves together and enjoy!
Thanks for reading, and, as always, if you try this gem of a wine and grilled cheese recipe, please reach out! Send us pics, reviews, ways you made them even better… We love hearing from you.
And in case you need more kitchen inspo, check out this delicious recipe for a delicious French dish.
Happy cooking, sippin’ chefs!