2009 Side by Side – Cabernet Franc and Merlot Blend Napa Valley, Spring Mt
You found the secret wine!
YOUR PRIZE: Come to the winery for a free taste and buy your own supply of secret wine.
Side by Side is an equal blend of estate Cabernet Franc and Merlot that literally comes from vine rows that are growing side by side. This is the only vineyard block on the estate where there is no dividing road between two varietals. One can imagine the root tips almost touching beneath the surface of this high elevation steeply sloped rocky vineyard. Maybe that is why they have blended so seamlessly to create this unique 2009 Cabernet Franc and Merlot Spring Mountain blend that exhibits not only the power of the mountain but the elegance as well.
PS: The Food and Beverage Manager of the Oakmount Country Club*, Brad Ladik, enjoyed this wine so much he wrote a song called Side By Side. Listen now!
* For All You Golfers, the Oakmount Country Club is world famous and known for:
- Five U.S. Amateur Championship (1919, 1925, 1938, 1969 and 2003)
- Three PGA Championships (1922, 1951 and 1978)
- Eight U.S. Opens (1927, 1935, 1953, 1962, 1973, 1983,1994 and 2007)
- Two U.S. Women’s Open (1992 & 2010)